This gorgeous two bedroom home boasts formal rooms that are filled with timeless details of a bygone era including classic built-ins with a tabletop desk, unique distinguished light fixtures and oak hardwood floors throughout. Be the first to enjoy the remodeled hall bathroom, split level bedrooms and an updated eat-in kitchen that opens to sunny rear yard. This south facing garden is an enjoyable respite from the bustling Oakland neighborhood with both Temescal and Rockridge shops and transport just a stones throw from your front door. 413 45th Street is a very special place to call home!
Here's the scoop.....
* Enter into a spacious entryway which leads to an inviting formal living room with a wood burning fireplace, flanked by built-ins including the signature bungalow built-in desk and stained glass windows. It flows perfectly into the formal dining room.
* Step into the formal dining room with rich wood wainscotting and picture plate moulding. Plus additional built-in cabinets for your treasured collectables to display. An extremely gracious room, generously ample in size and a wonderful room for hosting holiday meals or large dinner parties.
* Kitchen - an eat-in kitchen which is super spacious and comfortable for numerous chefs to create the perfect meal! Recent improvements include quartz countertops, white shaker cabinets with a lazy susan and spice cabinet, stainless steel appliances and newly installed hardwood floors. Enjoy morning coffee or an early dinner glass of wine while keeping company with the chef in the comfortable breakfast nook. The kitchen also offers access to the rear yard for those summertime BBQ's.
* Bathroom off hallway is stylishly renovated keeping in line with the era of the home but with modern conveniences and added storage.
* Two sizable bedrooms boast refinished wood floors and unusually large closets.
* Partial basement with exterior access offers additional storage or makes a great space to tinker and build.
Outdoor Escape The backyard contains a delightful urban farm primed for gardening and entertaining – featuring a newly added patio area, vegetable planter boxes, and fruiting trees. Outdoor lights extend across the yard and providing the perfect amount of sparkle to a warm summer’s evening. Dreaming of an ADU? Development possibilities are endless with the ample rear yard space.
Neighborhood Centrally located and very convenient to popular Temescal shops and dining. There is something for everyone...coffee afficiandos can get a quick fix at numerous establishments but the neighborhood favorite, Subrosa serves a strong cup of joe. Weekly farmers market, Homeroom, Burma Superstar and the forever popular Bakesale Betty's just a short stroll away. Get an early morning swim at the popular Temescal pool only a short block away. Commuters will love easy access to BART, freeways, casual carpool and bike share. The list is endless with a Walkscore of 92!
Uniquely Temescal * Temescal Street Flicks held in late summer * Bites off Broadway * Taste of Temescal held in March * First Friday's Art Stroll at Alley 49 * Temescal Pool * Studio One * Temescal Street Fair held in June